Saturday was the second and final day of our Young Men's Conference. Thank you to all of you who were praying about this. We had a great turn out (over 30 guys), and I believe that these young men were encouraged and God was glorified.
Our theme was II Timothy 2. The conference consisted of four sessions, each deriving it's subject from a verse in II Timothy 2. (see topical overview below) All four sessions were recorded on video, and Jonathan Steele is putting them onto a DVD. If you would like to obtain a copy of the DVD, please contact Jonathan via e-mail: email@example.com.
The following is a topical overview of the conference:
SESSION 1 - Chosen to be Soldiers“Thou therefore endure hardness, **as a good soldier of Jesus Christ*.” 2 Timothy 2:3*
- On Tactical Weaponry
- About YOU
- Whose side are you on?
- The Essence of the Gospel
- The Bottom Line: Righteousness
- Believing vs. Asking (Rom. 4)
- Professing Christ
SESSION 2 - Depart from Iniquity “Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, *The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, **Let every one that *nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.**” 2 Timothy 2:19**
- Reformation or Destruction?
- Romans 6: The Free Man’s Manifesto
- Understanding Physical Drives
- Freedom is not related to your experience
- Something to know
- Something to do
- A Warning
SESSION 3 - Avoid Entanglement “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.” 2 Timothy 2:4
- What are Entanglements?
- Learn to Treasure a Tender Conscience
- A Call to Sobriety
- Strive to be Crowned (II Timothy 2:5)
- Remember that Christ is Conforming You
- What if I fall?
SESSION 4 - A Workman not Ashamed “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, *a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.*” 2 Timothy 2:15
- The Bible is your Final Authority
- You need to search the Scriptures
- The Key to Understanding the Meaning of Scripture