Saturday was the second and final day of our Young Men's Conference. Thank you to all of you who were praying about this. We had a great turn out (over 30 guys), and I believe that these young men were encouraged and God was glorified.
Our theme was II Timothy 2. The conference consisted of four sessions, each deriving it's subject from a verse in II Timothy 2. (see topical overview below) All four sessions were recorded on video, and Jonathan Steele is putting them onto a DVD. If you would like to obtain a copy of the DVD, please contact Jonathan via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a topical overview of the conference:
SESSION 1 - Chosen to be Soldiers
“Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.” 2 Timothy 2:3
- On Tactical Weaponry
- About YOU
- Whose side are you on?
- The Essence of the Gospel
- The Bottom Line: Righteousness
- Believing vs. Asking (Rom. 4)
- Professing Christ
SESSION 2 - Depart from Iniquity
“Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” 2 Timothy 2:19
- Reformation or Destruction?
- Romans 6: The Free Man’s Manifesto
- Understanding Physical Drives
- Freedom is not related to your experience
- Something to know
- Something to do
- A Warning
SESSION 3 - Avoid Entanglement
“No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.” 2 Timothy 2:4
- What are Entanglements?
- Learn to Treasure a Tender Conscience
- A Call to Sobriety
- Strive to be Crowned (II Timothy 2:5)
- Remember that Christ is Conforming You
- What if I fall?
SESSION 4 - A Workman not Ashamed
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
- The Bible is your Final Authority
- You need to search the Scriptures
- The Key to Understanding the Meaning of Scripture